Financial contract Nr. 49E from 23/11/2015
Project ID: E!9870
The total value of the budget: 479.900,00 Lei
The total value of the contract: 745.849,00 Lei
The total value of the co-founding: 265.949,00 Lei
The start date of the contract: 23/11/2015
The end date of the contract: 20/11/2017
Coordinator: BEIA Consult International
Partner: International partners
- E-group Ict Software Informatikai Zrt R&D Performing SME – main partner
- Alkalmazott Logikai Laboratórium R&D Performing SME
Project Director (coordinator): Dr. Ing. George Suciu
Project Director (partner): George Suciu (george [at] beia [dot] ro, Peroni 16, Bucharest, Romania, Tel: +40374104901, Fax: +40213323006)
Project financed by UEFISCDI through the European and International Cooperation Program
Smart, natural language semantic analyzer platform to process-oriented back-ends
We would like to replace the cumbersome and slow menu-driven front-ends of the back-end systems (e.g. EGOV call center, e-banking, info-center etc.) of different service providers (e.g. financial institution, retails, etc.).
In our solution, the client communicates with the system by natural language sentences, which will be automatically recognized and semantically analyzed, so the client can be connected directly to the right administrator, or the transactions can be automatically started.
In our experience, these front-ends today are often not effective because the client must know the service type classification of the given service provider. But if it is not the case, the client can be moving forward in the wrong direction. This can be eliminated by a smart, natural language analyzer system.
In that case, the client can tell his/her wishes with his/her own words: “I would like to extend my driving license”. Or: “I would like to wire 10.000 HUF to my gas supplier”.
In our opinion, this kind of front-end can significantly shorten customers’ waiting time, and this is also an interest of the service provider as well since so customers prefer to turn to this provider and not to the competition. So, we expect, the services providers will pay money for our solution. On the other side, users can start automatically transactions and this feature will help the “digitally illiterate” people.
To achieve the proposed objectives, the project activity is structured as it follows:
Phase I: Market analysis for voice processing systems [23/11/2015 -31/12/2015]
- Activity 1.1: Market analysis for intelligent front-end voice processing systems (correlated with T1.1 of the European project) [Market research]
Phase II: Intelligent frontend system design [01/01/2016 – 15/06/2016]
- Activity 2.1: The current state of the solutions and architectures for intelligent frontend systems (correlated with T1.1 of the European project) [Research report]
- Activity 2.2: Specifying the functional requirements of the intelligent frontend system (correlated with T1.1 and T1.2 of the European project) [Technical specification]
- Activity 2.3: Intelligent Front-End Architecture Design (correlated with T1.1 and T1.2 of the European project) [Technical specification]
Phase III: Semantic processing [16/06/2016 – 15/11/2016]
- Activity 3.1: Specification of the knowledge base (correlated with T1.3 and T2.3 of the European project) [Technical specification]
- Activity 3.2: Analysis of intelligent frontend security solutions (correlated with T1.4 of the European project) [Research report]
- Activity 3.3: The design of the semantic subsystem (correlated with T3.1 so T3.2 of the European project) [Research report]
Phase IV: System development [16/11/2016 – 15/06/2017]
- Activity 4.1: The design of the automatic speech recognition (ASR) system for Romanian language (correlated with T2.1, T2.2, T2.4, T2.5 of the European project) [Research report]
- Activity 4.2: Development of the knowledge base subsystem (correlated with T4.1, T4.2 and T4.3 of the European project) [Data base]
- Activity 4.3: Development of the generic semantic subsystem (correlated with T3.3 and T3.4 of the European project) à Prototype
Phase V: Implementation the prototype for a specific domain [16/06/2017 – 20/11/2017]
- Activity 5.1: Implementation of domain-specific frontend functions (correlated with T5.1, T5.2, T5.3, T5.4, T5.5 and T6.1 of the European project) [Prototype]
- Activity 5.2: Implementation of a domain-specific back-end simulator (correlated with T5.6 and T6.2 of the European project) [Prototype]
- Activity 5.3: Prototype integration and testing (correlated with T6.3, T7.1 and T7.2 of the European project) [Testing report]
- Activity 5.4: Dissemination of results (correlated with T8.1, T8.2 and T8.3 of the European project)[Dissemination report]
Phase VI: Reporting on economic effects [Report on economic and financial activity] [21/11/2017 – 20/11/2018 ]
Phase VII: Reporting on economic effects [Report on economic and financial activity] [21/11/2018 – 20/11/2019]
Phase VIII: Reporting on economic effects [Report on economic and financial activity] [21/11/2019 – 20/11/2020]
- Suciu, George, Robert Alexandru Dobre, Cristina Butca, Victor Suciu, Ioana Mihaila, and Romulus Cheveresan. “Search-based applications for speech processing.” In Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence (ECAI), 2016 8th International Conference on, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2016.
- G. Suciu, Ş. A. Toma, and R. Cheveresan, “Towards a continuous speech corpus for banking domain automatic speech recognition”, 2017 International Conference on Speech Technology and Human-Computer Dialogue (SpeD), Bucharest, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- Tamás Gergely, Edit Halmay, Miklós Szőts, George Suciu, Romulus Cheveresan. “Semantics-Driven Intelligent Front-End”. 2017 International Conference on Speech Technology and Human-Computer Dialogue (SpeD), Bucharest, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- Marian CEAPARU Ștefan Adrian TOMA, Svetlana SEGĂRCEANU, Inge GAVĂT, “Voice-based User Interaction System for Call Centers, using a Small Vocabulary for Romanian”, The 12th International Conference on Communication Bucuresti, COMM 2018, Romania, June 2018.
- The patent application, registered on 16/11/2017 at the State Office For Inventions and Trademarks | A/00/948 | Titled: Sistem și Metodă de Interacțiune Verbală cu Dicționar restrâns, pentru comunicarea automată cu clienții din domeniul bancar