Project title: Vertical Innovations in Transport And Logistics over 5G experimentation facilities
Project leader: WINGS ICT SOLUTIONS, Greece
• BEIA Consult International- RO
• ASOCIATIA TEHNOPOL GALATI – RO
• NAVROM – RO
• ORANGE Romania S.A. – RO
• DIGITRANS – BE
• INTERUNIVERSITAIR MICRO-ELECTRONICA CENTRUM – BE
• INLECOM – BE
• TELENET GROUP NV – BE
• SEAFAR- BE
• EBOS TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED – CY
• DIAKINISIS S.A. – GR
• INCELLIGENT IKE – GR
• HELLENIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS ORGANIZATION S.A. – GR
• DHL EXEL SUPPLY CHAIN SPAIN S.L.U. – ES
• NEXTWORKS S.r.l – IT
The strategic objective of VITAL-5G is to create an open, virtualized and flexible experimentation facility comprised of an intelligent virtual platform, three distributed European 5G-testbeds and associated vertical infrastructure, to enable the testing and validation of Transport & Logistics (T&L) Network Applications (NetApps) in real-life conditions, utilizing 5G connectivity.
VITAL-5G’s vision for NetApps will allow for the development of a strong sectoral T&L ecosystem of vertical stakeholders (internal and external), which will be facilitated via the collaborative open tools and open repository delivered by the project. In such an open format collaboration, multiple NetApps will be developed, reused, enhanced and validated thanks to the complementary facilities offered by VITAL-5G infrastructure, while the 3rd party experimentation concepts will allow for external SMEs to reuse the VITAL-5G NetApps (developed within the project) to try out new approaches and solutions with a view to driving new SME revenues. In support of this goal, VITAL-5G partitions its strategic goals into the following objectives:
- To drive and foster the development and sharing of novel Network Applications (NetApps) for the T&L sector as well as vertical-agnostic, by supporting open source tools and an open repository for flexible and interoperable deployment through the VITAL-5G platform.
- To deliver an open, virtualized 5G-enabled testing and validation experimentation facility, which will provide the means for relevant T&L stakeholders to deploy and benchmark the performance of their innovative Network Applications (NetApps) on top of a 5G network.
- To enable novel business models development for open, integrated and cooperative services across multiple domains, addressing specific T&L use cases and to justify the investment from key stakeholders.
- To foster the development and advancement of a T&L centred ecosystem, which will drive the European integration of 5G services into the T&L vertical, by bringing together key vertical stakeholders (port authorities, road operators, MNOs, etc.) with SMEs developing cutting-edge technology and applications. To accelerate the adoption and scale-up of VITAL-5G Facility and NetApps through wide dissemination means and provide contributions to key standardisation organisations.
Website 1 – https://www.vital5g.eu/
Website 2 – https://5g-ppp.eu/vital-5g/